Stunning Revelation

Posted By on October 26, 2005

“Installment B of Things You Don’t Expect To Hear”

“I want Susan babies.” – My mother.

Comments

15 Responses to “Stunning Revelation”

1. susan says:

Yeah…I’d really like to know the context there.

2. Christina says:

Awkward…

3. JillStaci says:

I want tar babies, but they don’t make ’em anymore.

4. Cody says:

Susan: Oh, I was just telling my mom how I planned to steal JillStaci’s genes and combine them with my own to form some kind of super sarcastic uber child, and she said she would prefer Susan babies instead.

Christina: Shut up.

JillStaci: What the heck is a tar baby?

5. susan says:

come now, haven’t you ever heard of uncle remus?

6. JillStaci says:

A ‘tar baby’ is a little licorice candy in the crude shape of a naked but gender-unspecific human being, the ingestion of which gives one the powerful illusion of being a giant cannibal. Think Jeffrey Dahmer with a sweet tooth.

They are now horribly politically incorrect, as well they should be, I guess.

7. Cody says:

Google Image Search comes up with nothing for “Tar Babies” that matches that description. I think you’re lying.

8. Christina says:

I wish they did exist…I love eating babies. Delicious.

9. JillStaci says:

Even Googling ‘tar babies’ is polically incorrect.

Shame on you.

10. JillStaci says:

Oh, look, I’m so smart I invented a word.

/meant “politically”, natch

11. Dallas says:

I stumbled across a word of my own the other day. “Pyschopathetically” — I like it.

12. JillStaci says:

Dallas – what does that mean?

It rolls off of the tongue much more lyrically than “polically” so you do need to ascribe it a definition.

Once you do, post it on urbandictionary.com. If they allow definitions for such charming masterpieces as “pig roast” and my breasts, they will surely allow “Pyschopathetically” to grace their hallowed halls.

Susan – I direct this next to you, because I feel that you are the voice of reason in… well, in anything Cody-related.

Please convince Cody not to use the words “tar babies” in public. Or ever, if you can.

Just as I can picture Cody crashing a medical convention, leaping up to the podium, and announcing to the stunned invitees, “I STAPLED my cold sore!” I can see him inadvertently moseying into a meeting of the NAACP and shouting, “I googled TAR BABIES!”

13. Dallas says:

Jill – I’ll use one of its forms in a sentence instead.

“The girlfriend who wrote her boyfriend a suggestive email while pretending to be someone else to allure him to cheat on her with herself just to see if he would cheat on her behaved in a psychopathetic manner”

‘hope that clears things up.

14. Mom says:

Mom: “Cody’s blog has him suggesting to a woman that they mix their gene pools to get a super sarcastic child and I told him that I wanted Susan babies instead”

Gordon: “Oh you shouldn’t dictate your expectations like that”

Mom: “It’s not a real expectation, I’ve told all my children to be careful about relationships and having children in an untimely manner. I put in a disclaimer about it afterwards. We just don’t need any more sarcastic children, thats all. IT’S NOT LIKE IT’S ON HIS WEBSITE FOR ALL TO SEE. It was just a conversation on AIM, no big deal”

15. Cody says:

You knew about my regular installment of “Things You Don’t Expect To Hear” perfectly well when you made that statement.